Saturday, May 30, 2009

your prayers are felt!

Dear friends, thank you all for your prayers and encouraging words. I can't express how much they've meant to me. Please know they have been felt! Things here in Colorado are going so well! I finally feel like I'm getting the hang of my job. There are SO many details and almost no meal is like any other, but it keeps things interesting and hopefully in a week or two, I'll have it all down. Maybe... Things on the friends front are going well. I have gotten the closest to the girls on waitrii with me, especially a girl named Maria. She's a year older than me and graduated from Bethel University, so we come from similar backgrounds. I just feel like I've connected well with her and we hang out during our free time a lot. Also, tonight I'm moving in to my actual room! I'm really excited about this because it means I can actually unpack! I'm a little sad to be leaving the girls bunkhouse because it means I get to be surrounded by 10 awesome girls all the time. But at the same time, it's always kind of crazy in there and I have yet to be able to take a nap and actually sleep until my alarm goes off because there's always someone running around or being loud. Two of the three girls I'll live with this summer arrived tonight so I'm really excited to get to know them and feel settled. Also, this means that I'll know my landline number! I just didn't bother trying to figure it out at the bunkhouse because I knew I wasn't staying there. Hmm, ok, well that's about it. I'm looking forward to exploring around the Ranch and also going riding! I was supposed to go yesterday but it looked like a huge storm was going to roll in so we didn't go. As is typical in CO, there were black clouds and huge lightning and then it didn't rain at all and was sunny within a half hour. :( Maria and I just decided next time, we're going to go anyway and risk getting soaked. Alright, well that's about it. Thank you all for your prayers and please feel free to email about what's going on in your lives!

1 comment:

Elena Forsythe said...

I love this. Keep updating it. I like to know what's happening in your life.

Also, I mailed letter #1 this morning. :)