so my last post should've been labeled "last post from the eastern time zone" and sometime after tomorrow starts my posts from mountain time- for all you who don't know, mountain time is an hour behind central and 2 hours behind eastern. Hmm, well, it's 2:05 am and I'm not finished packing. My plane leaves in 12 hours and 19 minutes. I'm freaking out a little. Actually, every time I get overwhelmed at packing or get that sick feeling in my stomach when I realize I'm about to enter the great unknown, I distract myself and do something semi-productive. I distinctly remember learning that part of the decision-making process is NOT following decision-avoidance strategies... clearly my college degree is paying off- I'm doing the exact thing I'm supposed to have learned not to do. Oh well. As I mentioned in the last post, I'm completely freaked out. I'm moving halfway across the country, know no one where I'm working this summer, have never been where I'm going, and have absolutely no idea what to expect. For someone who has realized they don't deal with change all that well, it's amazing I'm not hyperventilating right now. I miss all my friends from school. A lot. I knew I would, but knowing you're going to miss people doesn't make missing them any easier. I've always wanted to be independent of my cell phone, but the idea that I'll have no cell phone reception all summer makes me depressed. One link to all my friends and I've been assured many times it won't work all summer. My internet connection might also be kind of sketchy. Well, here I am Lord. I'm broken at Your feet, and I haven't even left yet. A verse that keeps coming to mind and is the only thing comforting me lately is Matt. 28:20- "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." The ultimate comfort comes from knowing God is with me through all these big transitions, and not only that, but He goes ahead of me- He went before me leaving Taylor, He goes before me to Colorado, and He knows all the plans for my life and they are good. I'm hoping that in a few days, things will normalize, I'll get to know some people and I won't feel like such a wreck.
On a positive note, I am a college graduate! I never thought I'd make it to this day. School has been my identity for so long and now, I'm no longer a student. I never have to do homework, study for tests, or write papers again!! Praise the Lord! My time at TU has been so good. It has truly shaped and changed me from the inside out. I don't think I'd even recognize the person I was 4 years ago before I started at TU. Somebody asked me recently the things I learned since coming to Taylor. Here's the things I remember saying: I learned who I am and what God is calling me to in life. I have confidence in who I am, I can make decisions for myself, I know my strengths and weaknesses, and I know my passions and I follow them. My relationship with Christ has grown leaps and bounds. I am more disciplined in my walk with Him, I no longer doubt, I seek His will for my life and am able to lay down my desires and rest content in His plan. Also, I have learned what it means to pray without ceasing. The Lord is ever beside me and a conversation with Him is ongoing in my life. It's kind of hard to reflect on my time at TU in short words, because it feels like my entire life right now. All in all, it's been an incredible four years. I was given a "taste of heaven" and I soaked up every minute of it. I will try my hardest not to cry because it's over, but to smile because it happened.
Tomorrow afternoon I get on a plane to Colorado. My life as a college graduate starts now. Lord, go before me and may this next stage of my life be even more filled with You than before.
1 comment:
Well you Amen-ed everything in my graduation post, and I do the same to yours. It's a crazy world, but we're only a few days into it. It will only get better from here. It wasn't your friends that you loved so much about TU, it was the Lord and He's everywhere.
Post a Comment