Wednesday, May 27, 2009

welcome to the mountains.

ok, this post isn't going to be long because i'm borrowing someone's computer but i wanted to update everyone (if anyone actually reads this). Well, I'm here! 
Welcome to Lost Valley in the middle of the Pike National forest. It's absolutely beautiful here. I wish I could describe the beauty I live in but it's not possible. My first day of work was today and I shadowed the head waitress. It was really good overall and I already feel like I'm getting the hang of things. It'll be intimidating to serve on my own, but I'll take that when it comes.  This picture was taken from the front porch of the building I live in, and it's not even the most spectacular view. Those will come later. 

A prayer request I have is feeling disconnected and missing friends. I get no cell reception and my computer hasn't been able to connect to the wireless network, so I'm borrowing someone else's right now. It's been a hard transition, like I expected, but that doesn't make it any easier. Please pray that I connect soon with people here. Everyone's really nice, I'm just not close to anyone yet. Also, please pray my wireless starts working. I know it sounds silly, but it's hard to make the transition when I can't process anything with friends. Ok, that's it for now. 

3 comments:

abby.the.big.diehl said...

You may be worried about your future, but your friends are just excited about it! We all know how capable you truly are that you can handle so much more than you think you can. God is taking you away from the normal right now so that he can speak softly to your heart. Listen and soak up that love. Your friends won't go anywhere Sarah. We are all still right here knowing that you make the world better just by being in it. Love you so much... :)

RUNSTRONG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RUNSTRONG said...

Hey Sarah!

I am glad to see that you made it and that you have such a spectacular setting! You must be in heaven! I can totally understand your disconnection and hope this comment makes you feel a little bit like you are back in the untamed and wild MIDWEST! ;- )

I look forward to reading the rest of your posts and can't wait to see how God uses you!

My e-mail address is lord.linger@gmail.com if you want to chat personally in the future.