But an update on life here. It's been really good. Tonight serving dinner, I felt like it was the best meal I've served yet. I remembered everything, I did everything right. All the little details were taken care of and I wasn't stressed at all. So the job itself is going well. The friends aspect is getting better too. I think the hardest part of it all has been knowing that my friendships from school aren't gone, they will just look very different for a long time. Friends were definitely my priority this last semester and I got to invest in some incredible people. I was so blessed by all my friends and not that I took it for granted but I wasn't really ready to walk away. I don't quite know how to find closure for an entire chapter of my life or where the balance is in that, but that's ok. I've been getting to know people here better and that's been such a blessing. I've started to feel really included and not just like the new girl who came late, so that's been a blessing too.
I would love for this post to be longer but it's getting late and I have to be up pretty early tomorrow (hello real job and a 5:30 alarm), so I'm going to quick list some highlights as of late.
1) My first day off was Thursday and it was wonderful! I went for an all day ride and got to work cattle. I feel like a real cowgirl. The scenery was breathtaking. I was going to include photos but I'm having trouble loading them from this computer, so I'll add those later.
2) Two of my Taylor friends are coming to visit! On Thursday, Matt and Danny are stopping by on their way to Matt's house in NM. I can't wait to see familiar faces and to show friends what I do here.
3) The weather has been beautiful. From spending time by the pool to stargazing at night on the top of cliffs, it has/ is paradise here.
4) I have a room! I now have a place to live! Praise the Lord. I live in a place called the attic, which is above the trading post, or Ranch store. It's 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and a living room and I share it with 3 other girls. We have some of the nicest living quarters on the Ranch, and we're about 50 feet from the main lodge, so I don't have far to go to get to work.
Well that's about all I can think to add right now. That and I have to be at work in less than 7 hours so I better get to bed! Please feel free to email/ call/ write. My landline is on facebook (my cell doesn't work here). I also LOVE mail and my address is on facebook. You all are great and I'm so thankful for each one of you. Please keep me updated on your lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment