Friday, May 8, 2009

completely terrified, but resting on His UNCHANGING grace

So, last night, I started to panic about graduating. I graduate in 15 days, two weeks from tomorrow. And I'm freaking out. I don't freak out big time about too much, but I am right now. I have a job post graduation- actually two. I'm working at Lost Valley Ranch this summer, basically as a waitress. I get to dress like a cowgirl a lot and I think it's going to be a lot of work but a lot of fun. At the beginning of September, I'll move to Buena Vista, CO and begin a yearlong internship with YoungLife at one of their camp properties. I'll be working and living at Frontier Ranch alongside 6 other interns. It's going to be incredible and I know God's got huge things in store. It's supposedly beautiful, I hear great things about the people, and I'm genuinely excited about the work I'll be doing (which is more than I have been able to say about school for quite a while). It will be an intense, intentional community which I'm also really excited about. So why am I freaking out? Because I'm leaving what I've considered home for the last 4 years. I'm leaving the beautiful sisterhood that is Second West Olson, I'm leaving so many beautiful, precious friends, and I'm moving to the other side of the country to a place I've never been before. I've visited Colorado and loved every second of it, but I've never been to either of the places I'll be living/ working. And recently, I've gotten a lot closer to a couple people, some friendships that were pretty surface level for a while and this semester have just blossomed and become so rich. I KNOW that this is what God has for me and that I'll be stretched and learn and grow in all new ways. I know it's His timing that I leave this "taste of heaven" and move on to new things, but right now, that's not easy. In fact, it's terrifying. I'll be a 4 hour flight/ 15-20 hour drive/ 1,253 miles from my family and my friends at Taylor. 

But God is good. I have wanted to be in Colorado for over a year now and the Lord has provided that. I have a JOB that I'm genuinely excited about, which is more than a lot of seniors can say. And God has blessed me for a long time with the ability to maintain friendships long-distance. I know it's going to be so bittersweet but I trust the Lord and I trust that He will sustain those friendships that are so meaningful and that He'll give me peace to leave here and to quote Dr. Seuss, "don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." A few things to leave you with while I try to do some of my last homework, ever.
Ps. 31:14-15- "But I trust in You, O Lord; I say, 'You are my God. My times are in Your hands.'"
"More Time"
I promised you the world again 
Everything within my hands 
All the riches one could dream 
They will come from me 

I hoped that you could understand 
That this is not what I had planned 
Please don’t worry now 
It will turn around 

Cause I need more time 
Just a few more months and we’ll be fine 
So say what’s on your mind 
Cause I can’t figure out just what’s inside 

I hoped that you could understand 
That this is not what I had planned 
Please don’t worry now 
It will turn around 

Cause I need more time 
Just a few more months and we’ll be fine 
So say what’s on your mind 
Cause I can’t figure out just what’s inside 
So say alright 
Cause I know we can make it if we try 
Cause I need more time 
Just a few more months and we’ll be fine 

We’re off to new lands 
So hold on to my hands 
It’s gonna be alright 
It’s a whole lot brighter 
So stand by the fire 
It’s gonna be alright 
Yeah, the road gets harder 
But it’s not much farther 
It’s gonna be alright 
You know that it ain’t easy 
Please believe me 
It’s gonna be alright 

Please don’t worry now 
It will turn around 

Cause I need more time 
Just a few more months and we’ll be fine 
So say what’s on your mind 
Cause I can’t figure out just what’s inside 
So say alright 
Cause I know we can make it if we try 
Cause I need more time 
Just a few more months and we’ll be fine


No comments: