Sunday, October 26, 2008

hmm, it's been a week, probably a good time to update

So, like the title says, it's been a week- probably a good time to update. This week has been nuts. I haven't gone to bed before 1 [that trend continues right now, it's 1:01 am] and haven't gotten up later than 7 [with the exception of this morning- praise God for sleeping in on a Saturday]. A big paper/ presentation, a zillion meetings, sharing my testimony for dunk-it, pumpkin carving with the Herrmann's- all kinds of stuff. Some things of note. 1) I had my first counseling appointment. It was definitely hard- I felt like I had been through another half marathon when I was finished but I think it'll be really good. At the very least, it's an opportunity for me to verbalize all the things I think/ worry about and work through them. 2) My roommate is incredible. Earlier this week, she simply wanted to pray so she and I prayed for at least a half an hour. It was wonderful to just come before our heavenly Father and pour out our hearts to Him about whatever came to mind. 3) Maddy and I had a great "roommate date" tonight for the first time this year. Outside of the room we don't get much chance to hang out, just the two of us, so it was great. 4) I started my bible study book- Stepping Up, a study of the Psalms by Beth Moore. It's great- I can't wait to delve farther into it. I think it's going to be phenomenal. 5) I had a JOB INTERVIEW!!! I applied for a job at Vista Verde guest ranch in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. The general manager and head wrangler happened to be in Indianapolis Friday-Monday for a wedding and drove up to Taylor yesterday to interview me. I probably won't know until late January or early February if I got the job but it's pretty exciting to at least have prospects. And tonight I got to play monkey chips at Upland Elementary. It was great times. Alright, off to bed- church in the morning!

No comments: