So, Seth is a super cool boss, as I think I've mentioned before. Recently (before I got here), he invested in a Nikon D40 SLR for camp. To all of you non-camera people, it's a sweet digital camera. Since there was a great package for sale, he got an extra zoom lens and some other cool stuff to go along with it. One day, we were talking about something random and he starts telling me about this camera and then pulls it out and tells me I'm welcome to play with it as much as I want. So on days like today when he's off doing something else and doesn't leave me with stuff to do, I walk around and play with the camera. So here is a mini-photo tour of where I work. This is really all just taken from the office building, so it's really very little of the property, but at least you all will have a picture of where I am.

So this is my "office". Ok, so Seth is kind of messy. Well, a little bit more than kind of. So when I got here, I couldn't even see this desk because it was buried under a huge stack of boxes. So we're making some improvements. Maybe some evening when I get super bored, I'll come in here and clean the whole thing. Since Seth has like 3 jobs, he just accumulates random stuff, and he doesn't really have any other place to put it all, so it just ends up in his office. Also, that green couch behind my chair is REALLY comfortable. And it's currently covered in my clothes for "rec" so it's not always completely covered in stuff.

So this is Reilly, Seth and Amy's dog. She's quite possibly one of the sweetest and most well-behaved dogs I've met. This is her chilling outside my door at the office. Now that Seth and Amy have moved to their new house on the other side of the Ranch, I don't see her near enough.

This is one of my favorite places on the Ranch's property. This is the left side of the office building. It's got a huge, awesome wrap-around porch with rocking chairs. It's also the best place to view the stellar sunsets that occur just about every night and it's got a great view of some of the smaller mountains on the west side of the Ranch.

So these are the tennis courts and to the right you can see the soccer field/ multi-purpose field. Unless we're swimming, this is where rec occurs most of the time. Ultimate, basketball, random games- all that good stuff. And the mountain in the background I believe is called Little Roundtop.

And this the barn. If you look closely you can see Mr. Ryan's truck parked in front and him out there talking to Mr. Doug (everyone goes by Mr. __ or Miss __ for all the kids, so it's good practice for all of us to call each other by those names. It was a little weird at first getting used to being called Miss Sarah- it makes me feel so old).

So this is the pool (obviously) and the back of the office building. This is where I spend my Sunday afternoons. Yeah, I live a pretty cushy life for a summer intern. And that mountain in the background that you can barely see is Cove mountain. We don't have the greatest view of it at the Ranch, but if you drive just a little ways down the road, you can see it in all its splendor.

And last but not least, this is the volleyball court which is right behind the pool. I haven't played on it yet but supposedly during camp it gets used a lot. And the volunteer group that's here right now raked it and weeded it yesterday so it's in really great shape. Well, that concludes my photo tour of the Ranch for now. Hope you all are doing well.
2 comments:
Jeez, cushy intern, i wish my apartment came with a nice pool . . .
alright, that settles it...im coming to visit! haha, love ya, hope you're having some adventures =)
Post a Comment