Wednesday, June 18, 2008
[insert creative title here]
So, like the title, this post probably won't be so interesting. I got to go riding yesterday morning- the highlight of the day. I rode in a lesson with 2 of the Ranch girls and definitely felt the workout. I was riding Elijah, an older horse that has typically been allowed to run wild and go way too fast and not listen to his rider- hence I was on him. Sometimes, you just really want to ride because it's enjoyable and you like horses and it's a nice day. That's kind of what I was feeling before I started yesterday. And that's definitely not the kind of ride I got. It was work- hard work. Lessons here are about 2 hours long and the girls were working a lot on circles and reverses and trotting, then learning to post the trot. Elijah has a paso gait- it's like a trot but instead of the diagonal pairs, it's lateral pairs. It's really smooth to ride when it's pacing- a slower version of what Elijah does. Elijah is really quick though, and so it's not so comfortable. Also, we were working on posting and it took a while to get Elijah to actually trot so that I could post correctly on him. There maybe only like a 15 minute period where I could get him to trot slow enough to post comfortably. For all you non-horse people, I apologize for boring you. Basically, I finished the lesson proud of riding well, but feeling kind of like a failure because everything was so hard. I'm used to riding good horses that listen well, and only occasionally riding horses that I really have to work on. It's all good, it was good for me and good for Elijah, it was just a lot more work than I was anticipating. Yet another lesson of humility that I constantly need. The rest of yesterday was pretty uneventful. I had to drive back into Sevierville and that trip took like 2-3 hours. I was so exhausted last night that in addition to a 45 minute nap around 7, I went to bed at 9:30. I can't honestly remember the last time I was in bed before 10 unless I was sick. Crazy... Today we finally got our tshirts ordered. It's been a frustrating ordeal. Every color we wanted they didn't make in youth sizes. Then we had like 3 different ideas and Seth wanted to keep tweaking all of them. We finally went with a whole new idea. Basically, take the Red Bull logo and make it a camp version and that's what we're doing. I also spent all morning typing up the devotionals for camp. So all in all, a semi-frustrating day, but a very productive day. Alright, I think I've got to go make a conference call. Peace out kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
but at least you got waffle fries from chic fil a!!!
Post a Comment