So, the title doesn't have much to do with this post except that halfway down here to the office, it started pouring rain [fun fact: I don't have a raincoat]. So I thought it was pretty ironic that this is one of the first songs that started playing when I opened my itunes. It's called "Washed by the Water" by Needtobreathe. I recommend it.
So, while in the middle of that last post, my friend Ryan called and told me it was not a problem if I took Kit's car to drive to Lexington. God answers prayer. And then my dear friend Mark called. It was so great to catch up with him. I think the last time we talked was during spring break- all the way back in March. Talk about God's faithfulness demonstrated in a friendship. We've been friends for like 6 years and have only seen each other once in the last 3 years. But somehow, our friendship is the same as ever. So between talking to Mark and the excitement that I was going to see Molly, I didn't get much sleep Thursday night. Friday, my internship advisor (good ol' Prof. Romine for those of you who know him) came to visit. Basically his visit consisted of a tour of the property, an explanation of how this place works, lunch with him and his wife, and then he needed to talk to Seth briefly and then he was on his way. I'm kind of thankful he didn't want to stay too long because it meant that I got some work done Friday afternoon. Right after work on Friday, I threw some stuff in a bag, grabbed some food for dinner, and got on the road. The drive was absolutely beautiful -through mountains until I reached the Kentucky border. Friday morning, Rachel had called to let me know that she was actually going to be in town too- another plus. So that night I just sat with Rach and her parents on the back deck (one of my favorite areas in their house) and talked for a while. It was so relaxing after a couple of really hectic days. Saturday morning I had breakfast at Alfalfa's [if you're ever in Lexington, it's a must] with Molly. I saw a bumper sticker on facebook the other day that said, "best friends isn't about being inseparable. It's being separated and nothing changes." That's how Molly and I's friendship is. Despite the fact that we spend more time in different states [or countries, as of late] than we do in the same one, our friendship never changes. The rest of the day I spent chilling at Rach's. Her family had a lot going on that day so they were running around but I just got to sit, which was so nice. That evening, I had dinner with my aunt and cousins in Richmond. I realized it had been over a year since I had seen them (how does time fly so fast?) and Casey, the youngest, leaves for basic training for the Navy in September so it would be the last chance I had to see him for a while. It was a miracle that all 3 of my cousins were home and could go to dinner. I haven't seen all of them at once in years. Back in October, Casey had a baby girl, Caroline Nicole [don't worry, pictures of her are coming soon too] and this was the first time I got to meet her. She is precious. Bright blue eyes and wavy blond hair. And it was really, really cool to see all three of those boys be transformed by having a baby in the house- a girl, no less. They all had a much more soft, responsible side come out. It was great- something I've been waiting for for a while. After dinner, I drove back here. Got back at 11:30, I was out cold by midnight and slept till 10:30 this morning. I finally feel well rested again, despite the fact I drove 6 hours in the last 24. Today's been pretty chill- hanging out by the pool and packing up my apartment because camp staff arrives on Tuesday, so I'm moving to the women's staff cabin tomorrow. I'm going to try my best to keep up with the blog once camp stuff starts, but forgive me if the posts are less often. I'm pretty certain most, if not all, of my free time is about to disappear. And on that note, I'm going to brave the rain and wind and head back. Goodnight folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment