Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"Dancing where the stars go blue..."

Tonight was our weekly square dance. As usual, it was so much fun. I love to dance. After so many years (and so many schools) that forbid dancing, it's so fun to be allowed to dance. Now that I've done them 3 times, I've pretty much got all the dances down except the staff dance, which I just learned tonight. It's actually pretty simple footwork, minus all the spins. Hopefully next time around I'll have the footwork down and won't have to worry anymore and the spins will come easier. Also, I'm learning the basics of swing dancing! I've always wanted to learn and some of the guys here are pretty decent so I learned a few of the basics tonight. More lessons to come I hope. Seeing as we do this once a week, I'm sure I'll have time. Let's see, other highlights as of late. Two nights ago I played Ultimate at night with a glow-in-the-dark frisbee, which was awesome. I'm still not quite used to the altitude, but I think I'm going to start running, so that will help. My body needs the physical activity. Not that waitressing isn't a very demanding job physically, but there's no release of energy. Also, I got to go riding again today. It was just an afternoon ride but it was great. We rode basically straight uphill and got to a high point where you could see the whole valley with the Ranch and also another sweet view of Pikes Peak, all covered in snow. Matt and Danny are coming on Thursday, can't wait. And there's a chance I might get up to Vista Verde early next week because I have 2 days off. Even if I don't, maybe I'll try to go visit some friends in the Springs or something. Hmm, well, that's about it. Thanks for your prayers- they mean the world to me.

No comments: