Tuesday, December 2, 2008

don't worry, i didn't get lost

Yeah, it's been a while since I updated this thing. Somewhere in the mix of the last few weeks/ months, things got kind of busy. Lighthouse stuff started to pick up. Classes started picking up. Just general life things that got difficult. Also, there has been so much going on in friendships and in my own life that I've been so focused on that I sometimes forget to write it all down. Man, I don't really know where to start it all. Two good friends had grandmothers die within the last week and a half. And this wasn't just any distant relative; it was women that my friends deeply cared about and were pretty close to. Needless to say, they've been hit pretty hard and [something I'm trying to learn] is how to walk beside them and support them without taking on a burden I can't and shouldn't carry. Also, a friend that I've probably mentioned before has been diagnosed with cancer and is losing the fight. She's been given approximately a year. She's still living life, still smiling. Her strength astonishes me and deeply humbles me. I've broken under much less before. Another friend is also dealing with some hard stuff and is getting through it and growing, praise God, but it's not over, and it won't be, for a very long time, if ever. I don't mean to be such a downer, but all this stuff, plus some things happening in my own life and realities I've come to grips with lately have got me taking a step back, wondering what is really important right now.
In other news, all this crazy stuff has taken my mind of the fear of the future. I'm not scared to leave Taylor [I'm actually becoming more okay with it by the day], I just don't know what's next. I don't have an official job lined up yet, and that's scary. But I am truly learning to trust God with it. I've applied 2 places and have at least 1 or 2 more applications to send in. I've interviewed at one place and hopefully have an interview at another in just over a week. God will make it clear and He'll provide what I need. I trust that.
I've also been missing Ethiopia SO much lately. Maybe it's because this year's team is so close to going. Or maybe it's just that I've really processed my experience and I know I want to go back someday. If college loans weren't an issue, I'd be looking into the next opportunity to head over there immediately following graduation.

There really is more to write, but I'll have to catch up another time. I'll update about the current happenings at Taylor soon, and maybe include a picture of our beautiful Christmas tree.

No comments: