Saturday, August 16, 2008
"But I keep staring down the road, looking for my one chance to run...
So, as I've mentioned before, I've been training for a half marathon. I wasn't really sure I was going to be able to do it, considering I couldn't really run during the month of July. Since getting home I've obviously picked up the pace and started running hard again. It's been hard running by myself because whenever I've trained for a race, I've always had someone to run with. It's definitely harder to keep my motivation and my pace consistent without someone running with me. But today I'm writing about a victory. After not the best week of runs, I knew I had to do 7 miles today and I knew it was going to be a struggle. After kind of moping around this morning, I finally decided I just needed to get it over with before dinner. And now I'm back, writing that with the exception of a side cramp right at the last quarter mile, it went great. It was actually pretty enjoyable. I definitely miss running in the mountains and having so much beautiful scenery to look at while I run. Alright, well that's about it. I'm going to go track down dinner now. Adios.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
this is me asking for you to not let the amazing times of TU tear you away from keeping us, you know, us out here doing life away from the ever fabulous U-town, informed via your sweet blog.
just a thought ;) i know how crazy it can be, in all seriousness though. hope all is well! live up that senior year of yours!!!
Post a Comment