Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I feel like I should write some final concluding post but I just haven't had any desire to sit down and write something. Mainly due to catching up with friends, I have just been busy. I'm certainly not as sad leaving this summer as I usually am- and I don't feel like I have as much to process. Maybe it's because all the Ranch people will still be there when I go back and I'll probably see most of the camp staff again. I think one of the hardest parts about leaving has been realizing that summer is over. And not just summer, but my last summer as a college student- my last summer in school. Who knows where I'll be a year from now and who knows if I'll even have a job that gives me some kind of "summer break"? But some of the biggest lessons I learned this summer were all about trusting the Lord and constantly seeking His will for my life. Heck, I just got to put that in practice yet again last night. God is good- even when His will is hard or something I don't understand. And He always answers prayer- His answers may take awhile and of course, they may not be what you want but He does always answer. I sound really cliche, I know, but they are some lessons I've learned in life that I've been reminded of recently. I guess I don't have much else to write other than that. If anyone wants to see the paradise I lived in all summer, I'm trying to put together a fall break trip to go back down and invitations are welcome to all. I'd include a picture of how beautiful the fall colors are down there, but my external hard drive currently isn't working. Alright, that's about it- I'm out.

No comments: