Saturday, January 22, 2011

God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.

God is good, all the time. I just spent the last 45 minutes or so reading through all my blog posts dating back to the end of summer '08. My conclusion? God is good, and He's taught me SO much in the last 2 and half years. I mean seriously, the lessons I've written about on here are HUGE. And the best part, He's not done with me yet. I mean, unless I die in my sleep tonight, He's still got so much more to teach me. You want to see a picture of God's goodness- read those old posts. I mean, you'll see the picture of God's goodness in MY life, but I believe a lot of people could probably relate. I think my favorite was a post I wrote towards the end of senior year where I listed things I'd said that I learned during my time at Taylor. It's awesome. And lately, the Lord has been showing me more big things. One big one: that I've grown and I want people to know. My dad and I got in an argument about something fairly trivial but it made me so mad because he totally judged me based on previous mistakes. It got me to thinking a lot, because I hate arguing with my dad. Two big things-first, thank God He loves us enough to not leave us where we're at. Forget if it's hard, which it usually always is, praise God He doesn't leave us to our sin. He's saved us from it and He's in the midst of changing us and redeeming us. Second, pay attention to the way people have changed and grown. Praise the Lord for it and commend them for the work they've put in to doing it. That argument with my dad made me so upset because he didn't recognize any of the growth and change that's happened in my life since I lived at home, 6 years ago. There's a lot more lessons on trust that I've been learning, with some great revelations from Brennan Manning's book, Ruthless Trust, but those will come later, when my journal is at hand and it's not 2 in the morning. God is good, all the time.

No comments: