Saturday, July 5, 2008

whirlwind

So, staff week just ended. All in all, it was really good, but not what I expected. I don't want to make assumptions, but I'm just not sure that I'll walk away from here with being super close to all of the camp staff. I could be wrong, but I'm just at a different stage in life than the rest of camp staff-including the counselors. Most of the counselors are about to be sophomores or freshmen in college. And almost everyone on staff this year has worked camp before or at least been a camper here for like 5 years. All of it got a little overwhelming- just constantly feeling like I had no clue what I was doing or questioning my role and how much authority I really have. There were a lot of good parts to staff week too though. Some of the staff people are really fun. A lot of the counselors are just hilarious people. We played a lot of beach volleyball, we went to NASCAR speedway in Pigeon Forge, got a lot of stuff done around camp, etc. Camp starts tomorrow and I'm definitely excited. I think I'll feel a lot more comfortable after a few days of camp when I fall into routine. It's all just going to go really fast. Staff week flew by and I'm sure camp will go even faster. Fireworks last night was really fun. A handful of people at the Ranch just bought various ones and all set them off last night. Also, because we're a little higher than most people in the valley, we could see everyone else setting theirs off too. Today I slept in [I hadn't realized how much sleep I had missed until I woke up at 10:30- a solid 11 hours of sleep]. Then I went for a run and came over to Kit and Ryan's to babysit Louise. It was definitely one of the most enjoyable babysitting jobs I have ever had. She was a blast to hang out with and SO happy the entire time we played. So many cute kids that I get to hang out with all the time. Alright, well, I'm out. Your prayers are definitely appreciated this week as I settle into the groove of camp and finding my role in all of it.

No comments: