Some other perks of fall: event planning! So as some of you know, I love event planning; it's part of what I got my degree in and it's definitely the course I want to pursue longterm as far as a career goes. This fall, I got to be part of the halloween party-planning committee (sure, think The Office but with lots less drama). That's where the photo comes from- our party was a "Game Day" theme, so naturally, I whipped out the old cheerleading costume and Courteney was the Super Bowl. Then I also got to help with Thanksgiving planning, which was really great, just for the experience of a larger scale event. I was also on the committee that planned the staff Christmas party. There were lots of other great memories from the fall, including great rides, a friend's wedding and all the little things, but those are more personal things that not a whole lot of others can relate to, so I'll just keep them to myself. :)
I got home a week and a half ago and since I'm committed for spring and summer in the valley, I'm enjoying a 2 month break. I spent a few days at home recovering from the lack of sleep over the Thanksgiving week then spent last weekend visiting Taylor and great friends that are still there. It was a good trip, but definitely bittersweet. It's so strange how that place is so different when the people you spent the most time with aren't there anymore. It definitely showed me how clearly I'm not supposed to be in school anymore, not that I was really wondering. It was great to catch up with friends and just spend a little time in person with them, but I definitely felt like an outsider most the time I was there and I was ok with that. Now I'm back at home trying to figure out what to do with this much free time. This is far and away the most time I've had at home since I graduated from high school and as a result, I'm definitely hitting boredom. I've got another trip planned at the beginning of January so that'll be exciting but I've got to figure out something to do until then. On to the job search tomorrow, if I can handle bearing the cold enough to go outside...
No comments:
Post a Comment